I must be the worst mother EVER! Ok maybe not EVER but I'm definitely not winning the "Mother of the Year" award! This is sort of how it went... Matt has been out of town for this past week, and it has shook our routine up quite a bit. Our morning usually consists of Me getting up at 7 and getting Ty out of bed. I make his breakfast which usually involves me pouring milk into a cereal of his choice...nice balanced diet of colored puffy circles, and to think I let the "mulitgrain" written on the box convince me it was healthy...and talking to him and making his lunch while he eats his breakfast. I get him dressed and hair combed and yell at Matt to get out of bed and take him to preschool at about 745ish. They leave, I wake up Raegan...feed her and put her in her bouncer so I can get ready...and Matt makes it back home to get ready for his day. I get crap ready, drive out to the sitter and drop off Miss Priss by 9 and proceed on to the restaurant (oh stop off to tan on the way to the restaurant but whatever you get it). Simple huh? Not too bad...right? Well when you take dad out of the equation it totally SUCKS!! I HAVE to get Raegan up too so we can ALL make it out the door and get Ty to school My day starts at 6 instead of 7. No big deal right. NOOOO you simple minded fools! It shakes up the whole day! When you are dealing with a 5 year old that has been up since 615 and it is 8PM it makes a difference! Well back to why I am writing this... We make a Sam's list once a week for the restaurant. I MUST fit this in at some point in the day when I don't have the kids...it becomes a circus if they are with me cause I have to go into Sam's and make it out with what I am supposed to get...drive back to the restaurant and drop off all the crap and try not to get tied up on a errand for Jared so I can get home and get on dinner for the fam. So I chose this morning after dropping off Ty as an opportunity to do my "list". Just me and Raegan. We were in and out in 30 minutes (a record for me) and as I am coming to the door to face the ice storm outside the sweetest little old lady is standing at the exit to look over my ticket so I can be on my way. Being the sweet little old lady she was...she chatted with me and suggested I "don't get that baby out in this weather" she said " you can just leave her here with me in the basket and go get your car. Just pull it under the awning here and you can load it here instead of getting her out in this nasty weather"..... I just don't know what came over me. I said "Thank you" and left my 11 month old baby with a STRANGER!! I literally walked out of the store and fetched my car so that I would not get wet while I loaded my groceries. RAEGAN...LEFT....WITH...SOME OLD LADY THAT WORKS AT SAM'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What was I thinking. I didn't obviously! I waltzed back in and thanked the sweet old lady for watching my kid and walked out to load my car. STUPID! I thought about it on my way to drop her off......and came to the conclusion that just ANYBODY can have children. Even....ME! I have established that I will NEVER win the Mother of the year Award, but this pretty much seals it!
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment