Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday Ten

Today seems like a day to participate in a "Ten"! I guess it is because my mind is Jello, and since I have the house to myself (not counting the squealing baby) this is all I can find to do! 
1. Growing up, what was one favorite item that you had to have with you at all times?
I had a "blankie". On one side it was made4 of fleece that had been rubbed down to the most soft texture you could ever imagine. My Mom took it from me eventually because it had basically been torn to rags and she was afraid I would get it tied around my neck in my sleep.  Really...

2. Being an adult, what is one favorite item that you have to have with you at all times, and what happens if you do not have it with you? Do you lose your sanity or just go back home to get it?
My cell phone! Of course I would go back and get it, because I sometimes have 2 out of 3 kids off at school or what not and as soon as I don't have my phone someone will contact me as to some crying, bumped head, or an "episode"  that needs some attention!  I wish it was because I might miss a social call....but its not.

3. Where is your favorite place to be to just hide away from everything and breathe for a moment?
My back porch. Serenity now....

4. What is your favorite thing about your partner? (If you don’t have a partner, then someone who is very close and will always be in your life)
That he loves his family unconditionally! He is an amazing father and has some good intentions as a husband, God love him! But I dont know of any body that would put up with him! Seriously....watch Modern Family and he is the dad with the 3 kids. That is really him! He even agrees!

5. What is your favorite thing about your job? (If you don’t have a job, then what is your favorite thing that you do during your day?)
My favorite thing to do in my day is to cook dinner, or snuggle up on the couch with my kiddos and watch some tv.

6. What is your favorite lesson that your parents taught you growing up? Looking back, is it something that you want to use to teach your children when they reach that age?
I was taught many a lessons, but I think the most important one is the Golden Rule. Do unto others as you wold have them do unto you! Its something you carry on in life and never grow out of!

7. What is your favorite song, that will always bring a smile to your face and make you think of something happy?
Yellow by Cold Play. I love that song because it takes me back to a time in my life where Matt lived in Houston, we had been dating one year, and it was our first month in a long distance relationship.  I had gotten on a plane to go see him.  Life was just really crummy without him and I was the last one off of the plane into the terminal.  This song was playing when I saw him and just wrapped my arms around him.  I missed him so much and had been living life with a void.  At that moment everything seemed like it was "right", and everything was going to be "ok".  I loved him so much even way back then!

8. What is your favorite things about being an American? (If you not American, what are you proud of in regards to your country)
That I am free to make my own choices and I don't have anyone dictate what I can and can't do

9. What is your favorite meal that reminds you of being a child?
Steak fingers, macaroni and tomatoes, gravy, cheese salad, and iced tea. In that order.

10. Name 3 things that other people would say are their favorite thing about you.
I know how to have a great time and make some good memories, my personality, and my cooking.  At least I hope so!



0 comments: