Thursday, July 8, 2010

Me as a Mom

Since I have had my own children and many of my girlfriends have as well I sometimes take a step back and notice that no matter how similar we are as friends....we differ sooo much as mothers and how we parent our children! Not that it is a bad thing....I just realized how different women are about their household and their children!  

As a stay at home Mom I would rather sit and have a pretend lunch that my two oldest have prepared for me than wash the dishes.  I would rather sit outside with my baby and watch the oldest two jump on the trampoline than vacuum.  Don't get me wrong....it all gets done. My house isn't TOTALLY filthy, but it all can wait. My priorities are living life rather than keeping an immaculate house! The laundry might sit in the dryer for a day or two because I chose to watch my tv show (because the opportunity doesn't present itself to do so very often) or go out to dinner with my family! I dont try to cram it all into a day and run around like a chicken with my head cut off to try to keep everything straightened and clean.  I have 3 kids and a husband who works hard and deserves someone to clean up after him....and I am but one person. I cant keep up with it all....all the time. I try. But I have come to terms that I just cant make it all look perfect all the time! I am human.

I scream at my kids to get along and play nice from across the house.  I let them trash their bedrooms....because they are playing with their toys.  If it were clean all the time I would wonder if they were playing or having fun.  When there is a mess I know they had a good time making it. And they will pick it up. All at once and not several times a day! I could sit and hold my baby for hours....because after all, she is the last one I will ever have
and if that means my other two running rampant around the house or the lunch mess to stay on the table for an extra hour..then sooo be it!

I am laid back at both being a mother and at keeping my house.  My house isn't filthy and my kids are not heathens. This is my style. It works for me.  My girlfriends might not like it but then again I might not like the way they do their mothering and housework.  But its not for me or them to correct each other or criticize.  Because at this point we are all enjoying life and doing the best we can! 




  

0 comments: