Friday, October 1, 2010

Helpless..

Yesterday started just like any other Thursday.  Your typical getting ready for school and busting butt to get them there on time.  When I got a phone call while I was in Target.  My dear friend Opal called me and ask if I "happened to have" any extra clothes for a 2 year old.  This was weird since Opal doesn't have any kids, or know any little kids besides mine, or LIKE any kids for that matter!

Side note: A funny story about Opal... We used to work together and we were gossiping about an "ex" friend of ours (that in itself is another post, about the friend I mean) and she got up on her soap box about this girl and her three kids.

"And there was this one time she ACTUALLY asked me if I would watch her kids! I mean don't get me wrong, I like kids, but only a select few.  And her's don't fall into that category! I'm in college for Pete's sake...what the HELL do I want to watch her kids for? Honestly I just don't have the patience for kids!! Well...except for your kids...I like them...But I'll tell ya right now, don't ASK me to babysit. Cause I DON'T baby sit!"

Needless to say that is how she feels about that, I have never ask her to babysit, and shes a mess!

So you could see why I was wondering why she needed clothes for a 2 year old.  Well, she knows me and knows that I tend to keep everything.  Its borderline hoarding.  So I said of course, and she proceeded to tell me why she needs them, but then sends me a picture of this sweet child.  This sweet little curly blonde headed little girl, with these little expressionless eyes peeking out from under those same curls.  My heart broke.

Long story short, her sister works for CPS and had removed a little girl from a home, with just the clothes on her back.  Nothing else.  She needed some stuff.

Well, thats exactly what I have...stuff.  So I rushed home and met Opal and we went through my bin of 2T clothes and I started snatching out clothes.  A Halloween outfit, some jeans, some pjs, socks, I mean I just wanted to give this child EVERYTHING I had.  And had I thought she wasn't going to be moving around a lot and having to carry all this stuff with her...I would have.

I gave her 2 tote bags full of clothes, shoes, and stuff.  Opal was so grateful.  I didn't care.  My heart was breaking because the reality of the whole thing was, I just wanted to drive up to her sister's office and snatch that sweet baby up and bring her home.

About the time Opal drove off I thought of something. I ran got my phone and called her to come back.

I had forgot something.

I ran to Raegan's room and grabbed one of the dozens of baby dolls from her room and ran out to give it to Opal.

ANY little girl has to have a baby.  Thats just all there is to it.  And I thought, if this child was in a circumstance (which I still don't know, and don't want to know, because I am libel to find this bitch and beat the hell out of her for doing what ever was done to this child for her to be taken from her home) where she was removed from her home, it probably wasn't the greatest of conditions.  And she probably didn't have any toys, much less a baby.  And as we all know, little girls just have to have a baby.

I wanted to give her something that was hers, and maybe something that she could latch on to while she was going through such bull shit.

Opal said she LOVED it and her little eyes lit up at the sight of that baby...that baby that my daughter could have given a crap about and probably won't EVER miss.

Needless to say, I probably won't ever know what happened to that sweet little blonde with the curly hair.

That might just be a good thing.

I don't know.

But, my heart broke yesterday.  For a little girl I never even laid eyes on but can't stop thinking about.



0 comments: