Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Its Happening

Its happening and I have no control over it! I noticed it the other day.  During a friendly game of basketball with the family, I noticed it.  I'm not sure if it happened over night, or if life has just gotten so away from me I haven't been paying attention. 

His legs are unusually long.  Longer than before.  His cheeks are gone.  The only thing left of my "little" boy are the precious freckles across his nose.  

These.


Isn't that just the sweetest smile EVER.  I never want these sweet little freckles and pointy little spikes in his hair hair to go away.  I might even force him to have spiky hair forever.  Especially if he tries to sport the Justin Bieber hairdo.  Over my dead body!


I have noticed a few more things that go along with this to confirm my findings. He shuts the door when he pees.  Which isn't a bad thing for him to begin doing....he DOES have two sisters that doesn't need to witness that.  Raegan caught him in the bathroom not too long ago, and made a huge mess in the bathroom floor later that night while trying to pee standing up.  So the bathroom door thing I can live with.

He does everything I tell him to do.  The first time I tell him.
He has started rolling his eyes when has to do something he doesn't want to do.  

He gets EMBARRASSED.  I can be pretty embarrassing at times so this kid has no idea what I am capable of  and I hate that he might realize just how embarrassing I can be. 

He checks out library books according to what he thinks his little sister might like for him to read to her.  Even if it is a Dora book.  Even if he gets made fun of for checking out a "baby" book.  He loves her and she thinks he hung the moon.  

He is her best friend.    

But lately he wants to be by himself.  He insists she get out of his room.  He is too cool to play with her.

He isn't as playful and goofy as he always has been.

He cares what clothes he is wearing and if he looks cool or not  

I knew it was coming.  I expected it would be soon. 

Its breaking my heart.  

Tyler is growing up.

Damnit.



0 comments: