Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sleep. Oh How I Miss You.

I think there is something wrong with my sweet baby.  She hasn't slept good in a few weeks.  I think she might have an ear infection.  She has been stuffy and cruddy.  And waking up every hour in the night. 


I have the humidifier going and the Tylenol in full flow.  But I hate to take her to the doctor in fear that he will tell me it is just me.

That I'm nuts.

But as the Mom.  

I know. 

She is just not herself.

Then. Today. The fever reared its ugly head.

As much as I don't want to wish sickness on my child.  

I am glad.  Cause I knew.

As the Mom.

She just wasn't herself. 

So to end a lazy weekend full of Disney movies, HGTV, and Wii games we have a sick baby.  

And a 3 year old on the verge.

{Sigh}

On a day several years ago.  And just one baby in to this life.  I would have set up shop to prepare for the fever. The sleepless nights.  Not leave the house except for the doctor.  Quarantine I would call it.  

But not now. 

Three kiddos in to this life....We go to the park instead.  Cause Hell, she is already sick.  

Horrible I know!



And BTW....I love THIS story.  It makes me cry every time I read it.  And I just love how beautiful she is.


0 comments: