Tuesday, January 6, 2009

OMG! and G.I.S.T 6:365

Well I have a rather embarrassing story to say the least.... Ok it all starts out last night. While I was waiting for Matt to get home I fell asleep on the couch. I woke up to the sounds of someone/something in my kitchen rattling my pans around. I FREAKED....I laid real still, because the only thing separating me from the kitchen was the back of the couch I was on. OMG!! I plotted in my head that I was going to "whip" around and grab the fireplace poker and commence to beating whoever broke in my house to grab a snack. Like they would do that first before killing me! But whatever...After I got my wits about me I eased up off the couch as quiet as I could and slid (VERY QUIETLY) around the corner. I was standing in the kitchen waiting for the noise when Matt walked in (or should I say barreled in since he has NO CLUE how to do anything quietly). He stood in the living room staring at me and asked me (again he is loud) "What r u doing?". I go "ssshhhhhh, there is something in there" and I pointed down at the drawer that is under the oven. He looked at me like I was nuts....I mouthed, "NO REALLY" He stood motionless while we listened. OK so at this point in my head it is a HUGE squirrel that has gotten in the house somewhere and is taking up residence in my muffin pans under the oven. So we hear it again and I look at Matt like, see...Im not nuts. I have never seen Matt move so fast... he jumped in front of the stove and jerked open the drawer...and let me tell you my adrenaline is going and I am FREAKING OUT!! He starts jerking out cookie sheets and muffin pans from the drawer.....and out jumped the biggest FATTEST mouse I have EVER seen!!!!! If you know me....you know that I dont move real fast nor am I scared of much.... I am pretty tough all around and laugh at those little skittish women that get scared of a little mouse...not this time! I screamed like a little bitch and pounced up on the back of the couch on all fours like i was a small child rather than the big fat ass that I am! So as I am doing this as Matt is yelling at the thing to "stop...wait...shit" I dont know if he was trying to make sense or being slow on purpose or what...but he let it run under the dishwasher! DAMNIT! After the initial shock of it all we got a look at this little bastards nest that he had built under the drawer and it had...plastic coke bottle caps, a marble, a magnet, cd, and other little nick nacks. AND there was mouse shit all over my pans....granted it is pans i never use but STILL!! I marched out of the house and to the store for some traps! We set the traps...after Matt set one off on his own finger..(dummy) and I woke up this morning to a dead mouse. SCORE!! I left the traps set cause I have a feeling that is not the last of the mice in the house or the garage. So we will see if I catch any more. In the mean time I scalded the pans and packed them away along with other kitchen stuff to try to put an end to it all! Ha! ha! G.I.S.T 1. Playing puzzles with Raegan...she can do them good too! 2. Chatting with my Mom during her lunch. 3. Tyler telling me who his buddies are in his class on the way to school. 4. Matt being off tonight and spending the evening with me and the kids!

2 comments:

The Varvarigos Fam said...

OMG, I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! I can see you screaming on your couch and Matt trying to find the "little" guy! When do y'all move? I am so excited for you! Email me darnit!!

beaumommy said...

oh no!! good thing yall are moving! i had no clue you guys had found a house! where is it? please call and update me!! :)