Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tuesday Ten

1. What does your car say about you? If you don’t have a car, what kind of car would be your daily driver?
I drive a Yukon and it SCREAMS soccer Mom (or in my case Baseball Mom). It is big and it accommodates my family of 5. It is a gas guzzler so when we are not ALL in tow I take the kids around town in my Ford Fusion. Which I love, and bought a year and a half before #3! And when I'm in it it says that I am sleek and a cool Mom....too cool for a Minivan!
2. To this point, what has been your purpose on this planet?
Up until this point I think I have many purposes on this planet...one of course being Mom, but I have only worn that "hat" for 7 years now, and I should say "to serve God (but I'm not...I'm taking this question in a different direction) . What I have spent even more years doing is being a good friend and bringing joy and good times to others.  I don't want to brag or get on my soap box, but this question requires honesty so here it is.....I have always been the fun friend..you know the one who knows how to have a good time (within good sense), always has a good story, can make ya laugh, and makes good memories with. I have made many relationships in various points in life and I have not one but 2 hands full of what I would call "best" friends. Some that I talk to daily, some I talk to weekly/monthly, and then the ones who I might not talk to for 6 months but we pick up just where we left off. I love my girls (and some guys) and love being the friend that you always have some funny/memorable story to tell about! 
3. If you could trade places with any person for any amount of time, who would it be?
I would trade with Camila Alves...for obvious reasons.
4. What is your favorite kind of cake? If you don’t like cake, what is it about it that you don’t like?
Fresh Strawberry Cake that my mom makes me for my birthday....Holy Crap its fabulous!
5. Would you have wanted to live in your parents’, grandparents’ or great-grandparents’ generation or only your own?
I love my generation....I lived too young in the 80's to be a fashion nightmare but just old enough to enjoy the music and the occasional Swatch phone, the 90's which was after all FANTASTIC, and old enough in 2000 to know better than to get mixed up in crap like meth that seemed to run rampant.
6. Do you have any home remedies for illnesses, cleaning or otherwise?
When your kiddos are coughing their head off and Dimetap just isn't doing it....rub Vick's Vapor rub on their feet and put socks on them. It works like a charm!!

7. What is your ideal weather situation?
90's laying out in the sun in a swim suit guarded by my too tall fence! ha!
8. What is your best attribute (physical or personal)?
I am a fantastic cook....just ask anybody! haha!
9. Do you text or surf while driving?
No. I text at stoplights though. 
10. How long have you known your best friend?
I have been BEST friends with Crystal for 22 years.....we had a falling out for about 4 years but I am so glad to have her back in my life. She knows me better than i know myself sometimes and it is funny to sit and laugh with her because she gets me even better than my own husband! She is the ONE person that I can truly be "me" around...all the time. I don't think that she will ever know how thankful I am to have her in my life for all these years and I love her dearly!


1 comments:

Chelsea said...

Too cool even for a Swagger Wagon?